Saturday, September 03, 2005

Still Truckin'...


ONE Campaign at DMB
Originally uploaded by Brande Jackson.
Lokahi crews are still laboring on this Labor Day weekend - DMB has been on a run through the Southwest - with lucky Dan getting to hit Phoenix and Albuqurque TWICE in as many weeks, since he went through there the week before with Coldplay. Him and Mary are drummin' up lots of support in the Southwest for the ONE Campaign - they just hit Texas yesterday (the first time we have EVER done concert outreach in the Lone Star State - for whatever reason (fear, maybe? I can talk a little good natured trash on Texas 'cause my grandma is from there!) we just never seem to make it through there on any of our tours) - yesterday in Selma (I'm told it's near San Anton) was one of our best dates since the tour picked back up on the west coast, and early reports from Dallas are looking good as well. Sadly, our banner stand broke and we lost our dolly...anyone have any they want to donate?

Meanwhile, Carlos and Aaron, our newest Lokahi tour crew member, left Long Beach last Saturday morning in our 'splattered with bug death' touring truck, and somehow made it to Chicago by the following afternoon. I don't endorse this sort of insane traveling unless I am doing it myself, which I normally do, but I digress...they have since hit up Detroit, Columbus, Syracuse and are now in lovely New Jersey - our favorite state of them all - with our boys Coldplay, teaching people about Making Trade Fair and the ONE Campaign. Along the way, they caught the tail end of storms from Katrina, drove about 40 miles in the wrong direction at one point, and today found themselves lost enroute to the show, but were taken back to the Garden State Parkway by what Carlos described as 'the ultimate New Jersey dude on this massive glam Harley' who simply told the guys to 'just follow me back to the parkway already!' Sure enough, they made it to the venue with time to spare....

Meanwhile, I am still hanging and working from home in the LBC, getting everything in order before I head back out into the chaos I have created for my life known as "running-two-big-tours-and-starting-U2-next-week-all-at-once". When I leave my lovely abode for NYC on Tuesday, I probably won't be back for more than 24 hours until Christmas. But I get to tour with Coldplay, U2 and Dave Matthews, so I'm not complaining...


PS: be sure to try to make any sort of donation to help out hurricane victims. The American Cross does awesome work, consistently, and many of the NGO's that make up the ONE partnership are also providing relief, go here for info on who they are.
Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.