Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Warped Tour St. Louis

Today was my first day back on Warped for me after a six week long hiatus, and though I was really excited to be back out there, Warped responded by smacking me upside the head with what had to have been one of the hottest days on the tour in as long as I can remember. Plus, I’m admittedly kinda sick and pretty sleep deprived at this point, so I was feeling pretty wiped out. It was one of those Warped days where all you could really think about from 3:30 on was how fast you could drive to your hotel in the next town (four hours away, in the case of this evening) so that you could take a shower. Which was the first thing I did.

However, we did get some work done despite the crippling temperatures. Nick, our volunteer, was great – he got over 200 people to join Oxfam’s email list, and he is also a lead volunteer for the ONE Campaign in St. Louis. We talked to lots of people today….I love doing Warped tour, I have to admit it’s probably my favorite tour/event to do. I’m a teacher, so in part I think I just connect with talking to so many young fans in a really strong way. I’m looking forward to the week ahead, even if it means back to a 8am load in-7pm load out-7 hour drive-repeat it again schedule!

No comments: