Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Colin For President


Colin For President
Originally uploaded by Brande Jackson.
I got to meet Colin night three in Chicago. As it turns out, Colin is a politician in the making: he is running for class president at his middle school where he is a 7th grader, and after much research online on his own, he informed me, he decided that basing his campaign on cafeteria food and what not was too 'shallow' and empty for him, so he decided to make the ONE Campaign his primary platform piece. He purchased about 40 white bands to use in his campaign, as his plan is to inform his classmates about the campaign to fight poverty and AIDS and get them involved with a school wide projec. Since I have a weakness for cute politicians, I gave him a few extra bands to ensure his success. I am sure we'll be seeing much more of Colin in the upcoming years…

No comments: